Over the past 10 years, we have tried to expand our young adult collection to reflect the newest trends in YA literature, as well as more traditional fare. Over the past 6 months, we have re-arranged existing shelving to provide more shelf space for our growing YA collection. In addition to the YA collection, many of our young adults are interested in our new Graphic Novel collection.
Young adult programming is also a big part of our annual Summer Reading program. Each year, we plan special programming for young adults entering grades 6-12, centered around the summer reading theme and designed to interest and involve teens.
We also have special activities and theme nights. Most recently, we have begun hosting after-hours “lock-in’s” at the library.
NEWLY ADDED YA NOVELS
- Landscape with Invisible Hand—M.T. Anderson
- If There’s No Tomorrow—Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Jane, Unlimited—Kristin Cashore
- The Go-Between—Veronica Chambers
- The Final Spark (Michael Vey, book 7)—Richard Paul Evans
- Genuine Fraud—E. Lockhart
- Warcross—Marie Lu
- Tower of Dawn—Sarah J. Maas
- The End of Oz—Danielle Paige
- Nyxia—Scott Reintgen
- They Both Die at the End—Adam Silvera
- Solo—Kwame Alexander with Mary Rand Hess
- What to Say Next—Julie Buxbaum
- Dress Codes for Small Towns—Courtney Stevens