Library Reopening with Limited Hours, Services
We are open for limited hours beginning Thursday, May 21. Library hours will be 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. We will be closed for Memorial Day on Monday, May 25.
Just a few reminders/requests/guidelines for your library visit:
1. For everyone’s comfort, please observe social distancing (six feet apart throughout the library). Footprints at the circulation desk mark a six-foot distance while waiting for checkouts. Every other computer is inaccessible to help with this process, and half of the seating in the reference area has been removed.
2. Masks are encouraged, but not required.
3. Maximum occupancy is 33 people at any given time.
4. All business in the library (browsing, computer work, reading) is limited to one hour.
5. The reading room is closed for the next two weeks, because of the difficulty of sanitizing newspapers and magazines between uses.
6. Passport processing and photographs will not resume until July 1 or later, due to the fact that the Department of State is only processing emergency, in-person applications at this time.
7. Please return all library materials to the outside book return, or to our book return on the circulation counter. For the safety of our workers, they are not handling returned materials over the counter.
We realize that we are being extra-cautious, but our Board of Trustees isn’t willing to gamble with the safety of our staff or patrons. If all goes well with library operations and infection numbers, we plan to resume full hours of operations on Monday, June 1.